Monday, June 29, 2009

Enough

בס"ד
Abba, am I doing enough to help bring us Home? Am I putting in enough hishtadlut? Am I carrying my weight? Safta said that I am not relaxed, that I am not free. She saw correctly, and yet how do I explain it to her? How can I be free when I am not Home, when we are in a very long, strong and tiring Galus? How can I be relaxed when I see that you are angry with us, that we are upsetting you? We are voiding your Torah, we are messing with your land, with our Home. So many who live there are ready and willing to just give it all up. Abba, I can not and will not relax until I know that I am doing enough, that I am davening, learning, crying, working hard enough, to bring Klal Yisroel back Home to You. One problem, I do no not know where to start.

2 comments:

  1. Sheyla-shka, its not WHERE you are, but what you do with it. "if muhammad cant come to the mt, the mt will come to muhammad" lehavdil, but you know (first hand) what i mean, if you cant go to israel (even thought you will be there B"H soon), bring israel, its kedusha, to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly.

    As for the last sentence of your post-start good deed by good deed. Smile at a stranger, say 'modeh ani' with more concentration, give charity before you're asked/are required.

    And, most importantly (and I tell this to myself, as well)-it's all gotta be done with Simcha.

    ReplyDelete