Its been a long day..you know, one of those days that you just have a feeling about? That things are just going to keep piling up and the whole day you are asking yourself "Can I handle this? Can I handle any more?" And on top of that, it was one of those days when due to lack of sleep, I just could not wake up fully. I think it has something to do with the crumminess...But Baruch Hashem, I made it.. I made it without yelling, without crying, without freaking out. I kept my cool, stayed safe on the road, took care of the kids with love and attention, and smiles and kisses and hugs. I survived, because I knew that I could. Because I knew that Hashem would not give me more than I could handle. Because you guys were helping me and guiding me and were there for me when I needed you most. Today's survival was truly a team effort.
But it was hard, because every time something happened..or I thought I could not do it, all I wanted to do was talk to you..to tell you, to ask for your advice, to hear your voice. But I stayed strong..I curbed my temptation..it was a hard test..still not over..still have tomorrow..but Tati is keeping me busy..very busy..so I guess that helps, but it feels like something is missing...you are missing..and I am missing you..
My daughter, My princess:
Please know that I am proud of you. That you did a good job today. I know it was a hard day, a hard week, waiting and wishing for some nechama..but you did it, you made it, be proud of yourself. I know that you are tired..but remember that you are growing..growth is good. "When water stands still it stagnates". You stagnated a bit while you were away, and I know it has been hard getting back..missing a day of Mincha, not learning Chumash..I know its been hard, a test of balance..You have a long way to go. I know that its hard to hear that, but don't worry, I'm always here for you, whenever you need me, wherever you are, no matter what I love you unconditionally. Please come back to me..you have gone a bit far..farther than I would like. Now you see why it was such a week? I wanted to bring you back..I don't want to let you go. Don't worry about anything..but please do not forget about me, that I am here, waiting for you and guiding you. Get a good night rest my dear daughter, sleep well, I promise you will wake up a new person, ready to fight the yetzer hara, ready for battle, armed for victory. I am here for you, forever and always. Soon, very soon, will be a Shabbos for all eternity..speedily, in our days."
Oh and just as an update to my dear friends and readers, I am finally going back to school, after a year and a half break. I begin in February at a local college near my home in LA. I will also completely withdraw from Stern college, where the journey began..also, please be patient with me, I will B"H make a photo album of my trip to Australia and New Zealand. Mazal Tov to all the kallahs and new mommys! Mazal Tov Rachel Rivka on coming home after such a long wait! May we only share in simchas together, with the ultimate simcha of Moshiach tzidkeinu, Bimheyra Byameinu!
Very proud of you!
ReplyDeleteAnd happy for you and your parents (for staying home and most important going back to school) !
Great writing! Keep working! Send me some pictures from your trip.
Lenny
Nice self-therapy, Mamaleh. The Voice of Hashem that you tap into sounds as authentic as anything we can imagine. Looking forward to more battles won, more growth, and photos of the fun times.
ReplyDelete